Thursday 14 August 2014

Assignment 4: Greeting Cards

14/7/2014(Week 17)
Imani Najwa Binti Nordin (0319405)
Assignment 4: Greeting Cards

Lecture :
Three weeks has passed and today came the presentation day.We were all required to submit our assignment 4 projects which were greeting cards.

This assignment was given a few days before our Hari Raya Holidays,which to me was pretty dreadful.I meant it in a way that it was Raya and we muslims deserved a break,a proper one to be exact since all of us were pretty busy getting prepared .Anyways long story short,weeks had passed and today I've presented my work.

Process:
I went out to popular the other day to get most of my art materials that I wanted to use.Before hand I had an idea as to what materials I wanted.First things first,was card stocks .Since I've read the marking criteria and rubric I've noticed that Ms Lisa has clearly stated that she wanted out cards to be made out of solid non flimsy papers.The moment I went to the card sections I knew for sure that I needed alot of coloured papers.

Once i've gotten my materials ready,I've started to work on the basics of the whole jungle theme which were the leaves and vines.
The vines were my most favourite parts to cut out,since they were irregular in shape it was pretty simple to just go with my gut and cut it straight out without making a simple pencil draft.
In addition to that,leaves were also a part that was exciting to cut out since leaves again came in different shapes ,sizes and even colours.Most of these stuff I just eye balled them .


Experience:
This was different for me,I actually thought about just staying in my comfort zone and create simple artworks that usually represent me.But to know that over the past few months I've only just been doing things that I am only comfortable with made me realise that that this habit of mine should be broken.So I've proposed to Ms Lisa a couple of themes,first was about valentines/long distance love relationship.The second was the cute jungle themed and third was  the Lion King (Im a big fan by the way :p)

Cards:

 1.


 This was my most favourite cards out of the rest.Basically because,I've kept a very simple cut out  look of a palm tree and sticked it to the front cover.I've always loved the simplicity look so to me this made perfect sense.

 Surpriseee.A splash of colours all over the entire card.I do wish that I had done more party animals since it would look much better.

2.


Its a simple quirky pun that actually me and Serra were joking around with and I thought that maybe it would be kinda cool to actually make it into a card and have a monkey to swing around.

3.


 This card was pretty upsetting to me.It obviously didn't match the first two jungle themed that I've had in mind.And yes this was sort of a last minute kind of work,since my original idea didn't really come out as great.

I wanted to make both of the elephant trunks knotted and twist to reveal a heart shape effect.
And the background was pretty disappointing.I wish I had time to actually cut out bamboo trees and past them as a background.


Comments and remarks :
Ms Lisa said that she was happy that I've decided to step out of my comfort zone since she did mention that my previous artworks were mostly dark.However she did comment that the last card and second could have been much better if I had taken the time to do so.





No comments:

Post a Comment