Wednesday 4 June 2014

Rule of Thirds ( Assignment 2)


Imani Najwa Binti Nordin (0319405)
Rule of Thirds (Assignment 2)


The Theme :The Wonderful World of Jellybeans

Process :

First of I begin to make simple drafts on the ideas on how the scenes would actually look and turn out.I quickly noted it all down in my personal idea journal.
After much thoughts and ideas being poured out into my idea journal I decided to start my assignment.
So far my progress was okay,but before anything can be set to motion, I had to go buy my jellybeans.Did you know that jellybeans are really expensive,no kidding.I spent almost 12 bucks just to get a few grams of jellybeans.Once I got my jellybean I was anxious to start my assignment.I begin to layout my background.I went with a simple white paper background.Since my first frame shot was supposed to be red heart shaped sunglasses but that didn't work out well  1. because it was to difficult to recreate, 2.I didn't have much red coloured jellybeans to make the big sunny heart frame shaped sunglasses . So I decided to start off with the sunny sunshine shot.I begin to place the jellybeans here and there.At the beginning it wasn't that difficult and I was really starting to enjoy it.Then

Lesson learned :

One of the first lessons I've learned is to not procrastinate,don't ever do this! I wouldn't say that I did procrastinated on purpose.It was difficult for me to get my hands on some jellybeans because 1. I didn't have time and 2. the ones I wanted were too darn expensive,so I had to hunt for cheaper alternative.Although that shouldn't be an excuse. Luckily I did find some cheaper alternative ones from the Famous Amous store in our university.Boy was I relief.

Another thing is to not get lazy in between works,when I first started taking shots of my stop motion pictures I was very excited and tried my best to take perfect angular shots but towards the middle I begin to slack off and this cause me my stop motion video to be slightly jumpy.However I did try to make it up towards the end,I've realised that you shouldn't just simply do things without passion,it is 
then when you begin not to care,which will then effect the quality of your work.

To top it off, lessoned learned, is that I should not have waited to edit my videos last minute,since this created a whole new issue for me.I thought that I had enough photos for my video since Ms Lisa said that we need at least 30 shots minimum.I had taken a fair amount of 130 + shots in total and I though that was more than enough.Turns out when I edited the video , the music I choose had a fast beat,which meant that I needed to shorten the time limit for each photo.This resulted to a shorter video period,this made me worried as the day of the online submission was on Thursday.Tho god has been good to me and I've manage to finished my assignment on time :)


Summary :

The summary regarding my POD video is just a simple video,it doesn't have much story line except that it has a scenes  that connect with other scenes,they don't have to make much sense.Further more,
as you can see the begin is a picture of the sunny sunshine,going with the flow of the song the sun begins to set on beyond the horizon and you will begin to sink in the ocean

To be honest,making this entire video was pretty challenging to me.It was tough in a sense that I had to hold and angle my camera in such way to make the outer frame look good,even though I didn't do a pretty good job at it.The thoughts part would probably be arranging the jellybeans .I personally had endless amount of frustration trying to place the jellybeans in order so they would look decent.Sometimes they would roll off track and I would have to place it back only to find that it just wouldn't stay put again.Many times I would find my jellybeans beginning to melt in my hand and smudging the pages. It  was very frustrating when most of my papers were smudged with melted jellybeans.I ended up changing papers many times.Not only that, the jellybeans also begin to mixed colours.The whites don't look white anymore,specks of blues and greens begin to appear .Other then that,lighting was another major thing,I tried to do my assignment during nigh time and it didn't give me the best result.This is because when I took the photos in the morning using natural lighting you can see casted shadows from the jellybean shapes which adds a bit more depth in the photo.During the night time I needed to use the flash of my camera and it made the jellybeans look unappealing .

Despite everything,I still enjoyed making this video,even though it took time and effort Im proud of myself for actually at least trying.


Here is the link for my Video that I've uploaded on youtube.









No comments:

Post a Comment